Your Pinterest pin has two jobs. To help you market your coaching programs, courses, or services on Pinterest, it must:
- Stop the scroll; and
- Get the pinner to do something / prompt a micro-conversion.
A pin’s *text overlay* soooooo important – make or break, really! A well-chosen text overlay will achieve the above; while a “meh” text overlay won’t get noticed – let alone convert your pinner.
So, in the video below, I shared one of my favorite “secret shortcuts” for crafting really good text overlays, based on proven formulas! This is my go-to source of inspiration when I need a jolt of creativity… and to think out of the box when writing these important little blurbs!
Watch the video training to learn:
- What “text overlay” is
- How it’s different than your Pinterest pin description
- The best practices on Pinterest – for text overlay that works reaaaaallly well!
- My favorite place to get inspiration (and swipe tried and true formulas!) for text overlay
Notes for the Viewer:
I hope you learned a lot from this training – and got some inspiration, too!
For your reference, below are the examples I offered in the video… courtesy of my growing Real Simple magazine collection! 😉 )
The Magazine blurb: Rest & Recharge: Affordable Vacation Spots
My pin text overlay: ===> Munch & Recharge: Energy-Boosting Snacks
The Magazine blurb: Modern Manners: Catherine Newman Offers Advice
My pin text overlay: ===> Irresistible Email Subject Lines: The Copywriter’s Best Advice
The Magazine blurb: Cleaning Hacks for the Whole House: Freshen Up Every Space Faster
My pin text overlay: ===> Meal Prepping Hacks for Your Whole Week: Make Everything Ahead – Faster!
The Magazine blurb: Mission: Dinner – Bacon-Potato Soup
My pin text overlay: ===> Mission: Upgrade Your WFH Style – Accessories for Zoom Meetings!
These headlines we tap into for inspiration? They are written by the pros – and they’re proven to catch attention and sell magazines!
So, swipe them for your Pinterest pins.
(Psssst… These also work for social headlines, blog post titles, etc! 😉)
Oh, and… Last thing… If you liked my teaching style, you might consider learning the Pinterest marketing basics by accessing my FREE (Yes, free!) Masterclass:
5 Secrets for Automating Audience Growth & Getting Clients Using Pinterest
In this free and actionable session, I’m pulling back the curtain on how to use Pinterest strategically – to grow your audience and land clients!
You’ll learn how to…
- Ditch the overwhelm that comes from aaaaaallll the Pinterest advice you’re hearing.
- Know what to focus on – and what not to waste your time on – so you can generate a steady stream of quality, targeted leads for your offers.
- Set yourself up for long-term, consistent sales – and even for success with those passive income offers you’re planning!
- Figure out what your ideal clients are really searching for – and get them to pay attention to you – on Pinterest!
Ready? Sign up here – for FREE! Add your name and a good email address, and I’ll send you access immediately.